This is the cover and inside spread of the cover story.
The 10 commandments of endurance, aka “Marshall’s Law”
1. Expect a journey and a battle.
2. Focus on the present and set intermediate goals.
3. Don’t dwell on the negative.
4. Transcend the physical.
5. Accept your fate.
6. Have confidence that you will succeed.
7. Know that there will be an end.
8. Suffering is OK.
9. Be kind to yourself.
10. Quitting is not an option.
It’s worth checking out the full article online at:
Doesn’t this list describe how to accept a challenge in our lives? You don’t need to be training for an ultimate physical race.
This is my list for July 2012!
It’s an honor for me to meet and photograph so many
accomplished people such as Marshall. And, he was
fantastic to work with.
More images of Marshall forthcoming.